SNU President Fellowship (SPF) 2018 Fall Semester
Recognizing its global social responsibility, Seoul National University launched the 「SNU President Fellowship」 to provide opportunities to faculty
members of major universities in developing countries of Asia to pursue Ph.D. degrees at SNU. Based on the recognition that the main driver for
national development of Korea has been its human capital, Korea is now responsible to share its experiences with other developing nations.
2. Details of the Award
A recipient of SPF will be awarded the following for the first three years of their program:
– Full tuition fees
– KRW 24,000,000 yearly stipend (paid over 12 months)
– A round-trip airfare
– Korean language training
– Group Medical Insurance
An applicant must be BOTH:
– a faculty of major universities WITHOUT Ph.D. degree from developing countries in Asia, Africa, South America etc.
– admitted and/or enrolled to SNU as Ph.D. student for the given semester
Selection priority will be given to faculty members from major universities in developing countries in Asia, Africa, South America etc.
4. Research Areas
Applicants can apply to pursue Ph.D. in any research areas but selection priority will be given to applicants doing exceptional work in
engineering, medicine, public health, agriculture, developmental studies, Korean studies, etc.
5. SPF Application Timeline for 2018 Fall Semester
Admission to Seoul National University
– Online Application http://en.snu.ac.kr/apply/announcements?bm=v&bbsidx=124820
Feb. 19 (Mon), 2018 ~
– Submission of Documents to SNU Office of Admissions
Mar. 22 (Thu), 2018
– Announcement of Admissions Decision
June 8 (Fri), 2018
Application to SPF Scholarship
– Application and Submission of Documents to the college /department
June 11 (Mon), 2018 ~ July 6 (Fri), 2018
– Application Packages from college/department to SNU Office of International Affairs
July 6 (Fri), 2018 ~ July 11 (Wed), 2018
– Announcement of the Decision
July 13 (Fri), 2018
Note: All application and evidentiary documents must be submitted by the college on behalf of students to the Office of International Affairs.
6. Required Documents for SPF
– SPF Fall 2018 Application Form (including study plan)
– Certificate of Employment (as a faculty member)
– Certificate of Graduation (Bachelor & Master degrees)
– Official Transcript (both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree)
– Recommendation Letter from the Dean of Affiliated College at SNU
– Candidates with the Recommendation Letter from the Dean or President of your current university are given preference.
– Admission Guide for International Students (Fall 2018, Graduate)
– SPF Fall 2018 Application Form
SPF Application form_Fall 2018
8. Contact Information
– Tel: +82-2-880-2519
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Address: Office of International Affairs, 2nd Floor, Bldg. 152 CJ International Building, Seoul National University, 1 Gwanak-ro, Gwanak-gu, Seoul, Korea 08826